Updated 10/1/2013 — See Below
Michigan Exchange Website Information
If you live in Michigan, you will use the federal government website, HealthCare.gov, to shop and apply for coverage. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2014.
The Michigan Health Insurance Exchange will be operated through a federally-run health insurance exchange, also referred to as the Health Insurance Marketplace.
| || |
Starting October 1, 2013, Michigan residents will be able to access information about all the plans available through the Exchange, shop for plans, and access individual premium tax credits. The SHOP Exchange will be available to small businesses with 100 or fewer employees. Coverage from the Exchange starts in January 2014.
Below is a list of insurers submitting applications to health insurance exchange in Michigan
Insurers that filed plans for the individual and small group market:
• Alliance Health and Life Insurance Co.
• Blue Care Network of Michigan
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (also multi-state plan)
• Consumers Mutual Insurance of Michigan (CO-OP)
• Health Alliance Plan
• McLaren Health Plan
• Physicians Health Plan
• Priority Health
• Priority Health Insurance Co.
• Total Health Care USA
Insurers offering only individual coverage:
• Humana Medical Plan of Michigan Inc.
• Meridian Health Plan of Michigan Inc.
• Molina Healthcare of Michigan
Insurers offering only small group policies:
• United Healthcare Life Insurance Co.
Recent Michigan Exchange News
- Obamacare Small Business Delay Kept From Public for Weeks – Bloomberg December 6, 2013
Washington PostObamacare Small Business Delay Kept From Public for WeeksBloombergThe decision to delay the Obamacare health exchange for small businesses was withheld from the public for at least six …
- Approval rating falls for Obama, rises for Snyder – The Detroit News December 5, 2013
Michigan RadioApproval rating falls for Obama, rises for SnyderThe Detroit NewsPresident Barack Obama's approval ratings sank significantly in Michigan after a 16-day federal government shutdown …
- Controversial abortion insurance proposal moves to Michigan Legislature – Detroit Free Press December 2, 2013
Controversial abortion insurance proposal moves to Michigan LegislatureDetroit Free PressMichigan Right to Life, which spearheaded the petition drive, argues no one should be forced to subsidize abort …
- Eligible for Medicaid? Many in Michigan face bureaucratic confusion – Detroit Free Press December 2, 2013
Eligible for Medicaid? Many in Michigan face bureaucratic confusionDetroit Free PressBut for many, it could be too late to access tax credits now to make policies more affordable on the Michigan Healt …
- Blue Cross, HAP won't extend policies that don't comply with ACA requirements – Detroit Free Press November 23, 2013
Blue Cross, HAP won't extend policies that don't comply with ACA requirementsDetroit Free PressBut it was the technical difficulty of enrolling in coverage on the federally run state exchang …