Updated 10/1/2013 — See Below
Alabama Exchange Website Information
If you live in Alabama, you will use the federal government website, HealthCare.gov, to shop and apply for coverage. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2014.
The Alabama Health Insurance Exchange will be operated through a federally-run health insurance exchange, also referred to as the Health Insurance Marketplace.
| || |
Starting October 1, 2013, Alabama residents will be able to access information about all the plans available through the Exchange, shop for plans, and access individual premium tax credits. The SHOP Exchange will be available to small businesses with 100 or fewer employees. Coverage from the Exchange starts in January 2014.
Recent Alabama Exchange News
- Limited patient choice next health overhaul issue – Pensacola News Journal November 21, 2013
Limited patient choice next health overhaul issuePensacola News JournalAlabama's largest health insurance company, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, says it won't reinstate health plans that don …
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama won't reinstate canceled insurance policies – Montgomery Advertiser November 21, 2013
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama won't reinstate canceled insurance policiesMontgomery AdvertiserBlue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama said in a statement Wednesday afternoon it would not reinstate …
- Agile helps Alabama build portal for shift to Medicaid – GCN.com November 20, 2013
United LibertyAgile helps Alabama build portal for shift to MedicaidGCN.comAs part of the ACA, approximately 25,000 Alabama children currently covered by the state's ALL Kids program and CHIP, th …
- Obamacare enrollment low: 106000 sign up nationally, 624 in Alabama – al.com (blog) November 15, 2013
Obamacare enrollment low: 106000 sign up nationally, 624 in Alabamaal.com (blog)Only about 106,000 people picked health plans through Obamacare insurance exchanges in the first month with most of thos …
- Increase in Alabama Medicaid-exchange eligible enrollees likely children … – Montgomery Advertiser November 15, 2013
Increase in Alabama Medicaid-exchange eligible enrollees likely children …Montgomery AdvertiserThe figures are small compared with the overall insurance picture in Alabama, with some 677,000 Alabami …